Let's say that you want Pharos360 to know that each student has an advisor, and be able to implement some sort of logic based upon that knowledge. In order to create those mappings you would send the following:
Heading|Category|Member ID|Role|Owner ID|Owner Role Advising|My Advisees|3624985|Advisee|2102062|Primary Advisor Advising|My Advisees|3662169|Advisee|2102062|Primary Advisor Advising|My Advisees|4279193|Advisee|2102062|Secondary Advisor Advising|My Advisees|3922505|Advisee|2102062|Secondary Advisor ...
There are a couple of things to note about the format of these files:
- The header row should always be included. Because you send us a header row, the order of the columns does not matter. If it is more convenient to swap the order, please feel free to do so.
- The Heading and Category are used to display groups of students to the owner. In the example to the right, "Advising" is the Heading and "Math - Computer Science" is the Category.
- Member ID is always the Student ID and Role is the student's role (e.g. Advisee, Athlete, etc.).
- The Owner ID should be populated with the relationship owner's ID (employee or student ID).
- Owner Role is the title that will display to your users (e.g. Advisor, RA, Baseball Head Coach, Mentor, etc.).
- The file names should all be
Extended_Data_Relationships_*.csvwhere you can replace the * with anything you want. You may define all relationships in one file or in multiple files.
As always, if you have any questions regarding the format of these files, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(This is an extended and customizable file.)