Single Sign On (SSO) is the preferred approach for integrating your existing authentication with Pharos 360, and CAS is the emerging standard for SSO. It is also generally the easiest method for integrating with Pharos 360. Many campus portals such as uPortal and Luminis contain a built-in CAS server that can make the integration process even easier.
In order to integrate with your CAS server we need the base url, e.g. https://server.university.edu/cas
A configuration option which will need to be coordinated between our servers is the type of username sent to us upon successful authentication. The options are:
Email prefix: email@example.com
Below are the two major CAS server implementations as well as documentation regarding them. In general Pharos 360 supports both, and the deployment you choose should be based on your familiarity with the associated technologies (Java/Maven/Tomcat for JASIG and Ruby/RubyGems/YAML for RubyCAS).
- Overview Page - https://www.apereo.org/projects/cas
- User Manual - https://apereo.github.io/cas/4.2.x/index.html
- Overview Page - http://code.google.com/p/rubycas-server/
- Quickstart Guide - http://code.google.com/p/rubycas-server/wiki/QuickStart
- Configuration Guide - http://code.google.com/p/rubycas-server/wiki/HowToConfigure
- Usage Scenarios - http://code.google.com/p/rubycas-server/wiki/UsageScenarios